A Trusted Legal Resource
Our firm is dedicated to handling a wide range of cases for Connecticut clients.
Attorney Maury Garrett Jr., is a graduate of Princeton University with a B.A. in Political Science and a Certificate in African-American Studies (2001). He earned his J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law in 2010. Attorney Garrett has over 15 years experience in the legal field going back to his extensive paralegal work in Connecticut and Georgia, as well as his fellowships, internships and clerkships while attending law school.
Attorney Garrett has extensive experience in the areas of Personal Injury Law, Insurance Law, and Contract Dispute issues as well as numerous other areas. While attending law school in Camden, New Jersey, Attorney Garrett spent countless hours participating in Pro Bono outreach and service programs designed to help underprivileged and economically disadvantaged persons within the many troubled local communities. Attorney Garrett has always been greatly dedicated to community service and serving the underserved and has received numerous awards for his community service and Pro Bono work.
Attorney Garrett has deep roots in the Hartford area, having been born in Hartford and raised in nearby Bloomfield, before attending college and law school in New Jersey and ultimately becoming a member of the Pennsylvania Bar. Maury joined Adler Law Group in June of 2015 and focuses primarily on Litigation Matters. In his spare time, Attorney Garrett serves as a youth sports coach for his local community as well as serving as a Finance Committee officer for his town. He also enjoys spending time with his three children and his amazing wife, who also happens to be his college sweetheart and a local physician.
Areas of Practice
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2010
- Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
- B.A. - 2001
- Honors: Certificate in African-American Studies, 2001
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Camden Public Defender – Camden, NJ, MacArthur Foundation Grant/Fellowship
- Mary Philbrook Public Service Award Nominee
- John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation Grant Recipient - Juvenile Indigent Defense Action Network
- Rutgers Pro Bono Service Award
- NEMCC Pace Environmental Moot Court-Recognized for Best Oral Argument (Round 1)
Past Employment Positions
- Chubb Insurance Company - Simsbury, CT, Attorney - Auditor, 2014 to 2015
- Hunt Leibert Jacobson - Hartford, CT, Foreclosure Judgments , 2013 to 2014
- Subrogation Strategies (Cohen Placitella Roth) - Philadelphia, PA, Subrogation, 2011 to 2013
- New Jersey Appellate Court, Clerkship, 2010 to 2010