Reed Adam Slatas
800-693-9147 (Toll Free)
Mr. Slatas is a seasoned trial lawyer with extensive experience handling complex civil litigation cases, including products liability, construction defects, premises liability, toxic torts, asbestos, environmental issues, automobile accidents, and other personal injury litigation. He is admitted to practice law in Connecticut, New York and New Jersey (inactive). Mr. Slatas has represented corporations, small businesses, individuals and insurance companies in the defense of thousands of claims over two decades.
Mr. Slatas strenuously defends his clients and understands the importance of thoroughly exploring and evaluating liability, damages, and pursuing all possible impleader, indemnity, and contribution actions. Mr. Slatas always approaches cases with an eye towards achieving the most efficient and cost-effective outcome for the client. He understands the importance of formulating a well thought out defense plan, including strategic decision-making, expert retention, and he prepares all cases with an eye towards trial. Mr. Slatas also has extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with expert witnesses such as engineers, accident reconstructionists, economists, industrial hygienists and medical experts.
Mr. Slatas received his Bachelor of Science degree from Northwestern University and his Juris Doctor degree from Syracuse University College of Law. He is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association and the Connecticut Defense Lawyers’ Association. During his free time, Mr. Slatas enjoys hiking, playing softball, traveling, and spending time with his wife and daughters.
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. - May, 1991
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- B.S. - June, 1988
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- McGivney & Kluger, P.C., Litigation Attorney, 2005 - 2014
- Halloran & Sage, LLP, Litigation Attorney, 1997 - 2005
- Edward M. Hefney & Associates (n/k/a Law Offices of David M. Mathis), Staff Counsel, 1995 - 1997
- Milano & Wanat P.C., Litigation Attorney, 1994 - 1995