Maury M. Garrett Jr. J.D.
800-693-9147 (Toll Free)
Mr. Maury Garrett Jr., is a graduate of Princeton University with a B.A. in Political Science and a Certificate in African-American Studies (2001). He earned his J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law in 2010. Mr. Garrett has over 15 years experience in the legal field going back to his extensive paralegal work in Connecticut and Georgia, as well as his fellowships, internships and clerkships while attending law school.
Mr. Garrett has extensive experience in the areas of Personal Injury Law, Insurance Law, and Contract Dispute issues as well as numerous other areas. While attending law school in Camden, New Jersey, Mr. Garrett spent countless hours participating in Pro Bono outreach and service programs designed to help underprivileged and economically disadvantaged persons within the many troubled local communities. Mr. Garrett has always been greatly dedicated to community service and serving the underserved and has received numerous awards for his community service and Pro Bono work.
Mr. Garrett has deep roots in the Hartford area, having been born in Hartford and raised in nearby Bloomfield, before attending college and law school in New Jersey and ultimately becoming a member of the Pennsylvania Bar. Maury joined Adler Law Group in June of 2015 and focuses primarily on Litigation Matters. In his spare time, Mr. Garrett serves as a youth sports coach for his local community as well as serving as a Finance Committee officer for his town. He also enjoys spending time with his amazing wife, who also happens to be his college sweetheart and a local physician, as well as their three children.
- Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2010
- Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
- B.A. - 2001
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Camden Public Defender – Camden, NJ, MacArthur Foundation Grant/Fellowship 2009 NEMCC Pace Environmental Moot Court-Recognized for Best Oral Argument (Round 1)
- Mary Philbrook Public Service Award Nominee
- John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation Grant Recipient - Juvenile Indigent Defense Action Network
- Rutgers Pro Bono Service Award
Past Employment Positions
- Chubb Insurance Company - Simsbury, CT, Attorney - Auditor, 2014 - 2015
- Hunt Leibert Jacobson - Hartford, CT, Foreclosure Judgments , 2013 - 2014
- Subrogation Strategies (Cohen Placitella Roth) - Philadelphia, PA, Subrogation, 2011 - 2013
- New Jersey Appellate Court, Clerkship, 2010